Had sunburn, used expired sunscreen. Have purple, painful skin, not recovering, using lidocaine, cetaphil cream. Concern?

I was sunburned a week ago while at the beach on my legs and feet. I used a bottle of sunscreen that I did not realize that was out-of-date by almost a year. I used a different spray on sunscreen on my back and didn't burn there. However, my lower legs and the top of my feet have now turned a splotchy purple and are still very painful at times when I walk. I remember from years ago when I was sunburned badly that I had pain walking for a couple of days, but it never lasted this long and I don't ever recall having blotchy skin. I have been pushing more water intake and the pain is manageable, so is not a real concern other than I still have it this long after. I have been using a cooling after-sun aloe & lidocaine soothing gel and Cetaphil cream alternately. Should I be concerned at this point about the rash and pain?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013