Had stuffy nose, sore throat, headache, now yellow scab in nostril. Used nasal drops, plucked, same. Help?

I have recently had a cold (stuffy nose, sore throat, headache.) and I have noticed a yellow scab in my right nostril. I've gotten the same thing in the past, but I think it just sort of went away. Whenever I pick it and remove it because of the uncomfortable feeling, it just comes back in about 10-15 minutes. It also formed into 2 different scabs, one larger than the other but still the same thing.
When I picked the scab off, something like a yellow liquid or pus-type substance filled its place and I'm assuming created the next scab.
Is there something that can make the uncomfortable feeling go away, or remove it altogether?
I also put some vaseline to moisture it, and I used nasal drops while I was sick.
Thanks for your time! Sorry if it was a little confusing.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013