Had stroke. Having blood clot in groin. leg swollen. On medicines. Further treatment?

My wife has had a stroke - 28th Dec 2012 and now it has been diagnosed that she has a blood clot high up in the groin . Her leg has been swollen for approx 3 weeks and doesn t appear to be going down. I understand she is being treated with warfarin and simvastatin. It appears that no one is really interested in furthering her treatment or doing anything else. The strange situation is that she has been transferred from the main stroke ward into a stroke rehabilitation ward (still within the hospital). However she is now considered as an outpatient and if anything goes drastically wrong she has to go through the A & E department which happened when the leg first became swollen. She was returned after a couple of days to the rehab ward. What I want to know is, is there further treatment that should be considered
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013