Had strep, tonsils removed, taste of blood at the back of throat, maroon coloured saliva. Strep reoccured?

Hello, I have had a sore throat for about 4 days now. I used to get strep often but had my tonsils removed over 3 years ago. This morning and yesterday I ve woke up with the taste of blood in the back of my throat accompanied by slightly brown/maroon spit when I try to clear my throat out in the morning. Is this something I should set on a few more days or does it signal something much more serious that I should take care of now? I know you can still get strep after having your tonsils removed. However I never remember tasting blood in the morning when I would get strep.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012