Had strep throat, inflamed gland, burning tongue. took caps, no relief. How to get cured?

I had strep throat A twice and had two rounds of antibotics. But how I have inflamed gland, sore thorat, a lot of cold sore, and a burning tongue. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I have a viral information and its not a strep throat anymore. He gave me some mouth liquid for me to go home and numb my throat and also give me some meds to put on the cold sore. However I feel horrible. I can't eat and drinking water is already very difficult.. What can I do?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013