Had stomach virus, severe diarrhea, very weak, hydrating body. How to remove weakness?

Hello. My husband had a stomach virus a week last Monday. We kept him hydrated with lots of water, etc. He has been taking normal food now for a week but is incredibly weak. He has got up for the last 3 days and just stayedby the the fire, slept yesterday afternoon for 3 hours (in bed) and has just had breakfast and gone back to sleep. Although I have spoken to the doc on Tuesday, I feel this is not right, particularly as if he does get anything, he usually bounces back quite well. I suppose the question is, is this what one should expect after a very nasty bout of diarhorrea (cant spell!) even though it is now 2 weeks Over to you.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013