Had stomach pains after eating lunch, gets severe and then reduces. Causes ?

I started having stomach pains yesterday after eating lunch. It hurt very bad and with all the way to my back. A hot bath took all the pain away, but maybe 30 mnutes later it began again. It would be very severe for about 3 minutes and then I woud be fine for 15 - 20 minutes. After I went to bed, it was good for the night. I woke up feeling great. No pain. I ate a piece of toast and eveything was still good. After I eat anything larger I get the pain. I plan to keep a diary of foods to see it I have developed an allergy . I am 57 and never thought about developing one this late in life.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013