Had stepped on rusted nail, punctured foot, cleaned with hydrogen peroxide, bandaged. Home remedy or visit doctor?

hi I stepped on a rusty nail on saturday afternoon and I barely punctured my foot bottom. I immediately cleaned it with hyrogen peroxide and put a bandage on it, I am currently walking ok on it and I barely feels any pain. my question is do I need to visit a doctor anyway or is there any other home remedies I can use?

thanks in advance
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
It is recommended to have antitetanus shot after such injuries within 3 days.But you are probably vaccinated. Next time go to ER right after injury. Now, you can treat it at home. Keep the wound clean and if you notice swelling,redness or pusy discharge you should visit doctor because these are signs of inflammation. If there are no such signs it will heal in 5-7 days. Wish you good health.