Had stapedectomies on both ears, clarity in my right ear has deteriorated. Could a CT scan detect this problem?

I am also getting the run around regarding having an MRI . I have had stapedectomies on both ears. As the clarity in my right ear has deteriorated, the specialist recommended an MRI. The technician felt it should not be done until I am sure that there would not be a problem with the wire prosthesis . So far, no one seems willing to commit. The stapedectomy was performed in the 1970 s. How do I find out what was used at that time. The concern is a possible neuroma . Would a CT scan detect this. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013