Had spotting after last period. Periods delayed, pregnancy test negative. Symptoms of menopause?

Hi I am an older female (47) but no health issues. I had my last period on 23rd January and experienced light spotting about 13 days later. My period didn t come at its normal time and it has now been 3 weeks since it should have arrived. I have done a couple of home pregnancy tests and they have shown negative. the last one was about 10 days ago. As my period hasn t come I kind of assumed I was probably starting menopause although I haven t had any major symptoms. I also ruled out pregnancy as well as I havent had any symptoms either..but just this week I had my hair dyed and noticed that the colour didnt take which I have heard happens in pregnancy and then in the last 10 days I have been experieincing a dizziness which I have never had before... almost like how I imagine vertigo to be. I have not got any children so can t compare this to anything as I have never been pregnant. Due to my age although I would like to have children I kind of assumed I was too old and it wasn t likely to happen now. I just wondered though, is there a chance that I might be pregnant? I feel a bit of a fool going and asking at the clinic as most women would be thinking about menopause by now...but we would dearly love this to be a pregnancy despite my age. Many thanks for your help and advice...
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013