Welcome to HCM
1. A bleeding tonsil is mostly from an infection, so bleeding tonsils causes are most likely from tonsillitis
. Tonsillitis is most commonly caused by streptococcus
infection. Streptococcus is one of the bacteria that normally harbours in our throat.
2. Other causes are viruses, and a disease itself such as diphtheria
1. Gargle a glass of warm water mixed with salt will decrease discomfort.
2. Avoid overusing your voice.
3. Avoid taking medications that decrease the blood-clotting ability of the body (such as aspirin
4. Bleeding from your throat can be a medical emergency and surgery can only be its management. Visit your doctor immediately, it requires Antibiotic coverage and other supportive treatment may be surgery.
Dr. Dinesh Bhatia