Had sore throat, fleshy ball hanging from base of left tonsils. Is it a Lymphatic tissue swelling?

I have a fleshy ball hanging (almost like from a sac) from the base of my left tonsil (almost sitting on the back of my tongue ). it is approxmately the size of a small pea. It is not darkened or ulcerated, and it looks similar in color to the surrounding tissue . I had a sore throat for about a week, and noticed it upon examination in the mirror. I am concerned and saw my PCP. He told me that he doesn t believe it is malignant and could be lymphatic tissue swelling or a polyp . But he wants me to be seen by an ENT to see if it should be drained or excised. What are your thoughts? Please help. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012