Had sore throat and swollen tonsils. Having red line on tonsils. Does it take time to heal?

I went to the doctor a little over two weeks ago due to severe sore throat with very swollen tonsils. I had already been sick for at least 2 weeks prior to the doctor s visit. Now I feel back to normal, but one of my tonsils still has this red line on it, it s like a line of little red bumps. It doesn t hurt, but it doesn t look normal. Does it just take time for tonsils to heal after mono, or should I go back to the doctor for a second look?
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012