Had sore throat. Have a small ulcer spot below tonsil. Hurts on swallowing. Worried about cancer?

I have had a sore throat on the left side for almost 5 weeks now. I just got over a bad cough and sinus drainage but this is still hurting after 41/2 weeks now so when i look in my throat I see a small ulcer looking spot below the tonsil . It hurts into my ear when I swallow but feels better when liquid is on it. I work in a call center so I talk ALLOT. Is this something I need to have looked into. Do I need to worry about cancer ??
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012