Had sore knee after sports. Knee twisted, severe pain, cold and numb. Medication required?

I have been experiencing a sore knee after sport for the last few months - yesterday I think I twisted my knee awkwardly and was in a lot of pain last night - i struggled to put any pressure on the knee - this morning it has settled right down but my foot has gone cold and numb - I am assumong this is related to the knee ?? Should I see my doctor ??
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Hello Lin,

Welcome here on hcm.

I suggest you not to replace your family physician by yourself.

don't avoid him. Go to your gp and get proper treatment.