Had small dry blotches on arms, legs. Applied econazole nitrate cream. Got worst, looks brown. Reason?

Hello. A little less than two months ago I developed small dry blotches in areas on my arms and legs and rear end. My first thought they might be ring worms . I saw my doctor on Dec. 26th and was prescribed the topical ointment Econazole Nitrate Cream 1%. As of today, Jan 28th, none of the blotches have healed or gotten better. The ones on my arms and legs look flat but you can feel they are raised when you rub your finger across them. Some like the ones on my rear end have gotten worse and range in different sizes and are raised the highest from the skin like scabs you can pick off. They vary in color from very dark brown to dark red. I am african american female. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013