Had sinus surgery previously. Having numbness in the gum behind the left front tooth. Due to sinus surgery or dental issues?

I had sinus surgery 9 months ago (turbinates, septum , etc). Everything went ok. Still had an issue breathing out of my left nostril but that s because my nasal value was so narrow to begin with, my surgeon did not want to be too aggressive. A few weeks ago I thought I was getting a sinus infection or maybe the flu (everyone I know has been sick). The flu-ish symptoms passed but my left sinus seemed to open up. I can now breathe more out of my left nostril. The issue I m having is my gum behind my left front tooth is numb to the touch. Not the tooth, but the gum. If I rub my tongue on the area of my gum behind my left front tooth or if food hits it when I m chewing, the gum feels sensitive/numb. This has been going on for a month, it hasn t gotten worse but it hasn t improved. great. I can chew on the tooth with no issues. The ENT who did the surgery said my sinuses look great and said if my gum bothers me to have my dentist check it out. My dentist took a look and X-rays, he says things look great. Any ideas to what is going on? Should I seek further opinions? If yes, what type of doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013