Had sinus infection, green mucous, post nasal drip, night sweats, fatigue. Improved on taking cortisone injection. Suggestions?

Good day, I got flu 4 weeks ago, the first week I rested and it seemed to clear up, so I travelled long haul to Europe for a course, the next day it came back with a vengeance especially into my sinus , I got amoxicillin which didn t help, after travelling home I went to my home GP, now in the third week, he gave me tamiflu , he did explain normally it s given early in the symptoms but felt it was worth a shot, this had little affect, but the main symptoms from there was green mucus from my nose and post nasal drip , and heavy night sweats and fatigue , I did get my senses back, taste smell etc, by the end of the course I was still suffering, returning to my GP he gave me avlon anti biotic for 5 days, this seemed to help but not completely my nose cleared up but the post nasal drip continued and the sweats, now I will go for a ct scan to check my sinus, he did give me a cortisone injection. Just yesterday, and this seems to have made a huge improvement, the slight sinus pain I was left with as gone and the green mucus seems less. So my question, Has the cortisone finally killed the virus after 4 weeks, or merely masked the problem? It worked within hours, although I couldnt sleep! How long does it last? Was it I did not allow enough time for the avelon to work, I waited only 4 days , the course was 5? Is there a good chance the ct scan will show sinus cavities needing drained.? Many thanks Richard
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012