Had shingles. Taken Valtrex. Ripped blister open. Right thing to do?

Hi, I was diagnosed with shingles 5 days ago. The doctor said I caught it within the 72 hour period and I have been on anti-virals for 5 days (valtrex). Since yesterday I don t have any more pain, just some slight itchiness, which is to be expected. Many of the small blisters are starting to scab, but the big ones haven t yet. I was putting vaseline on the blisters before covering them and I noticed I accidentally ripped 2 blisters open. I covered them with neosporin and then vaseline than bandaged them up. Was that the right thing to do? Thanks so much!
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013