Had sex, periods started. Am i pregnant?

Ok, just curious at 36 years old, my boyfriend 41 and I had sex last night, I was am starting my period and the intercourse, made it...well for lack of a better term bloody, and saturday am it started out as it always does as brownish in color which is how it is today and I am wondering, if it is at all possible....Well I know it is possible but the likely hood at my age that I should have to worry about getting pregnant if he does not pull out. We are not tryning to get pregnant, however I if it happens we would be fine. Given my age I have read it is not as HIGHLY likely./
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Pediatrician, Critical Care 's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic.

Since your periods have started, it suggests there are no eggs currently which could be fertilized.

So, even though you had unprotected sex recently - it is highly unlikely to get fertilization and pregnancy.

Hope it answers your query
Dr Tejas Shah