Had sex, pain in vagina, burns while urinating. How to get cured?

me & my boyfriend had sex friday night& we tried one new position . the next day i was still feeling pain in my vagina . when i go to use the bathroom it burns & i think i have a little cut in there but im not sure . nothing else hurts except that . if it is a cut how can i keep it from getting infected until it heals ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Hello and welcome to HCM,     
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.
As of now, if there is no bleeding then just maintain good perineal hygiene. Change the undergarments twice daily and also use mild anitseptic to clean the vulva. The vaginal secretions tend to flush out things. Do not have sexual intercourse for the next 7 days.

If there is a discharge then ypu will need mixed vaginal tablets containing clindamycin and clotrimazole [ clingen] for 6 days every night. If there is no discharge they are not needed and also not recommended.
Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology