Had sex, noticed red bumps around the base of penis, tingling sensation. Can these be symptoms of STD?

hi, i have an std question. prior to my most recent moments it had been close to a year if not longer since the last time i had sexual contact. about 2 weeks ago i got together with a girl . she says she s been tested and is clean, but ive noticed little red bumps appearing around the base of my penis and around the scrotum . and i occasionally have a tingling sensation in the tip of my penis. if she says she s clean and i somehow wasnt, could i really have had something for almost a year and shown no symptoms?
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012