Had sex for 16 days after period. Can I be pregnant?

Hi doctor I m not gonna say my name I just need to ask a diffrent question from the one above your head I want to ask if is it possable that I might be pregnant after been having sex everday for 16days after my period,I have been having sex with my bf from the like on 5th of march and my fully cycle is in 22days so I was on period on 26 of feb till the 2nd of
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Let me first help you understand how the menstrual cycle works in terms of simple words.

The process know as "OVULATION" is when the female egg releases from OVARY, this occurs roughly between the 14 th -19 th day after the menstrual cycle (end of bleeding ), pregnancy means the meet in of the man's SPERM to the female's OVA- both have half genes which need to get together in order to form a complete structure, so the best possibility for the pregnancy is if the intercourse has occurred during those five days, other time their is no OVA present to meet the sperms hence no possibility of getting pregnant.

NOW answer OF your question is "YES" during those 5 days period when female "OVA" is set free.

Advice:
1) To check a pregnancy their are pregnancy test kit is available - its a kind of stick where you have to simply urinate on the stick as instructed in the instruction manual and the test will 90% correct in saying deciding the pregnancy is present or not ( test will work after 10 days of pregnancy occurs the earliest way to detect and do not involve any doctors help can be use at home ).
2) Missing a period/ menses will indirectly hint towards pregnancy.
3) Second way to know to do ULTRASONOGRAPHY but it will pick the pregnancy after 1-2 months stage.

Hope it helps.

OBGYN Dr. Aarti Abraham's  Response
Mar 2013
Hello
Thank you for your query.
Definitely YES - that is the answer to your question.
Having unprotected sex daily for 16 days after your period is equal to inviting a pregnancy.
Please wait till your next period.
If you are lucky enough and have it on time, please ensure protected sex in the future.
If you skip your period, please test for a pregnancy.
Protected intercourse is also important to prevent against transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
So please ensure that in the future.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.