Had sex during period, had a positive PT, took MTP, started to bleed, abdominal pain. What do I expect?

Hi m riya gupta. 21 yrs old.. I hadsex with my boyfrnd in dec mnth duringmy periods. And on jan 10 when m waiting for my periods to come.. I had a pregnancy test n it ws positive. I dnt consult to a doc n after chemist recommendation i had MTP kit. First that big one tablet on 15 jan at 11:45 pm n dn on 17 jan morning i started bleeding . And then again after few hours it stopped again. And then at night i had the remaining four medicines. . Two vaginally and two orally.. But after that no bleeding.. I xperiencd the horrendous pain in my abdomen .. But still there is no sign of bleeding till yet.. Pls pls tell me what i have to do now??
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Hi Riya,
One should never take medicines to terminate pregnancy without doctor's consultation.
Prior to terminating any pregnancy , we prefer doing an ultrasound scan to see if the gestation sac is in the uterus or not( ie we rule out ectopic pregnancy). Once it is confirmed that its uterine, medicines can be taken to terminate early pregnancy.
Sometimes with oral medicines, abortion is incomplete. The same seem to have happened in your case too. In such cases we prefer doing dilatation and curettage.
So I would advise that you meet a gynaecologist as early as possible. Incomplete abortion can lead to sepsis which can be fatal.
Hope this helped.