Had sex during ovulation period, bright red discharge in toilet. Miscarriage / Implantation bleeding ?

My son is 9 months old and my husband and I are trying to conceive again. We had sex during my ovulation period this month, but now - a week before my period is due, I have bright red blood when I pee and wipe, with some stringy bloody stuff in the toilet (TMI, sorry). Not sure if maybe I should call my doc, if this is a miscarriage or implantation bleeding or my body is reverting back to being out of whack after giving birth (I ve been back to being super regular for a few months now...). I m 40 - had a great pregnancy, no complications, good delivery and healthy baby.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012