Had sex during ovulation. Had spotting before periods. Pregnancy test negative. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi, I had sex while ovulating around the 2nd of October. I then had a light period/spotting two weeks later and thought I was pregnant, since it is usually very dark and heavy. But now I started a light, bright red period again (31 October). I took a test and it was negative. I usually have my period every 28 days. Is there a slight possibility that I might be pregnant?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Thanks for your question.
If this period is unlike your usual periods then there may be a chance of pregnancy.
I suggest you to have a blood pregnancy test as it is more sensitive in detecting very early or ectopic pregnancy.
If you feel pain in abdomen any time you should go to a hospital.