Had sex during light bleeding, negative pregnancy test. Any suggestions?

My period was due on the 8th, on the 9th I got some red blood around 3 pm when I wiped, so put in a tampon , assuming my period had started. Went to work and didn t have another tampon, so I just took that one out. After that I only had pink when I wiped. This continued to get lighter. Last night it pretty much stopped and this morning after my bf and I had intercourse there was a small, small amount of brown, then I stopped spotting all together. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. Any suggestions? (my last actual period was july 11th and we had intercourse July 21st, when I should have ovulated).
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Thanks for query,
We can not decide the date of ovulation by previous period.It is a day before 14 days of your first day of period.
If your last period is on July 11th so your next period is on Aug 9th .tentatively said it should be about 27 th or 28 th july.
As you have bleeding scanty in nature & negative pregnancy test there are no chances of pregnancy.