Had sex after periods, felt sore and burning pain. Is it normal?

I just recently started having sex and it was uncomfortable to start with but began to be increasingly good. I got my period a few days ago and if we tried having sex during my period it was a bit more painful that usual. since my period finished we have had sex twice and it has felt sore and a little bit of burning pain. could this be because of a change in type of condom? or is this normal because we are still trying to get comfortable and my body is still adjusting?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012