Had sex. Noticed laceration in labia minora. Will this heal?

Im a 21 year old female 140lb 5'1". My partner and I were in the middle of having sex when he slipped out . We didn't think much of it until we changed sex positions, that's when we noticed i was bleeding. I went to the bathroom and checked myself with a hand mirror and noticed a laceration about an inch long and about 1/4 inch deep on my left labia Minora. The right labia Minora has a Bruice. Will this heal up on its own?.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
thanks for using health care magic.
Its certainly a traumatic laceration that resulted from the intercourse.
Its not a big deal and it will heal provided it does not get super-infected
with bacteria.
Thus good hygienic care is necessary. You will need wound dressing and
sit baths with warm
salty water thrice a day ( get a bowl, fill with warm water NOT HOT WATER;
pour salt in it an sit inside for two to three minutes) and once after every
toileting. If wound starts getting pussy, you will need some antibiotics and
intensive wound dressing.
Best regards and hope this helps you.
Dr Achuo