Had sex. Is I-pill necessary to take?

i n my gf jst made love...
my gf is scared abt it...
evn i thnk dt sumthn is wrng...
unecessary i-pill is harmful n v r nt evn sure dt sumthn hs hpnd wrng...
v r jst scared cant tke i-pill...
Cn u jst sujjest us wt shud v do to b confirmed abt it...
its jst 15 mins past us makn love...
v r vry scared..
plse help
rply soon
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Welcome to HCM,
You should know result of such sexual encounter depends on fertile period of female partner which I presume unknown to both ,usually it is 2 week prior to expected date of next period.
so if you do not want pregnancy it is advisable to take Emergency contraceptive pill like unwanted 72 or I Pill.
Emergency contraceptive pill are successful most of the times,If you are worried too much just consult a Gynecologist He/She will guide you about EC.
You have to wait till her next period comes it means that she is not pregnant and by taking slight irregularity of period and bleeding is possible.if it is delayed by 1 week after expected date you can take a urine pregnancy test.
In future please practice safe sex as it protects from unwanted pregnancy and also STDs.
Good Luck.

General & Family Physician Dr. Achuo Ascensius's  Response
thanks for using health care magic
Ipill is necessary in the case of a risk of falling pregnant after an unprotected intercourse. It prevents fertilization from occurring partly by preventing sperms from reaching the egg thus its wide used and preference for managing unwanted pregnancies compared to an abortion. Unprotected intercourse during the fertile period of a women is likely to lead to pregnancy and in this case there is no choice than to use emergency contraceptive pill if pregnancy is unwanted. Emergency contraceptive pill is beneficial only during the first 72hours following the intercourse.
Best regards and hope this helps
Dr Achuo