Had severe cold which turned to wheezing, chest ratting, diagnosed as asthma, non-smoker, used inhaler, antibiotics, no relief<br>

Hi, I am a 36 year old female. Over the winter I got a really bad cold between the months of Dec - Jan, I tool antibiotics and cough syrup for trying to knock it out but nothing seemed to work. When I went back to see my Doctor in March I still had wheezing an rattling in my chest especially when exhaling and lying down, he said that I had a temporary asthma brought on by the chest infection I had over the winter and prescribed me an inhaler which does provide some relief, however her we are in June and I’m still using the inhaler and the wheezing and rattling just seems to be getting worse. I don’t smoke and I do not have any allergies that I know of no have I suffered from asthma in previous years.
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012