Had septoplasty, reduction of turbinates. Packing came out. Had them cauterized. Precautions to be taken?

Last week I had a septoplasty and reduction of turbinates. Packing came out following day. 6 days later my nose began hemorrhaging which required a trip to the ER and 2 subsequent trips to my ENT. I went back to OR so they could put me out while they searched for the arteries that were bleeding . Found several and cauterized them. 4 days later still have packing in and get it out tomorrow. It was such a nightmare!!!! I have never bled like that in my life. No blood thinners etc.. When packing comes out, can I be assured I will not have this occurrence again. What should I avoid eating or doing ?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013