Had seizure after child birth. Took eption and torleva. EEG showing mild abnormality. Need to continue medication?

Hello Sir - My wife had a first seizure attack post first pregnancy Cesarean Operation. She took Eptoin 100 mg * 3 tablets for 3 years and then tapered it down. And then after a year, she became pregnant and soon after Cesarean Operation she had one more attack. first she was put on valperin and after two months it was changed to Torleva 500 mg for last 4 years. She never had an attack again. Recent EEG shows, mild abnormality. Doctor is suggesting to continue for next 2 years. Do we really need to continue? Regards
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013