Had salpingectomy due to ectopic pregnancy. Tube removed. Painful spotting. Is this normal?

Hi I am 28 yrs old and 5 months ago I had a salpingectomy due to an ectopic pregnancy . My right tube was removed. For the past 3 months I have been having increasingly painful periods on my lower right side abdomen , as well as shorter periods lasting a total of 3 days with light spotting on the 2nd and third day. Is this normal? Before the surgery my periods lasted from 5-7 days with only mild cramping on the first day of my period. Now I have to be taking two 500mg Midols to stop the pain but it returns about every 4 hours.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013