Had root canal treatment on the front teeth. Swollen gum with pain. Surgery suggested. Need remedy from pain

Hi, Last year i had root canal treatment on my front teeths. After few months my gum from inside got Swollen and also started feeling pain. My dentist asked me to go through the dental surgery . I did so and the Surgeon removed the swollen part from my gums by cutting the front side of the gum. Aftr that I used to feel the hole in my gum. My surgeon advised me that the hole will get fill um in few days. The hole got filled up in feww days but i feel the ineer side of my gum is still quit soft. I also fee little pain some time at the same part. Kindly advise what i need to do get rid of this pain.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013