Had root canal done, crown not done. Fell after chewing. Now what?

Last year I went to get a root canal done. I never went back t o get a crown. Today I was chewing gum and it fell came out. Now there is a Hugh hole in my tooth . I leave for Africa this Thursday. Will the air pressure cause me pain. I went to dentist today. They advised me not to have it fill temporary until I get back. They told me it can no longer b saved. I m getting second opinion tomorrow. just wondering about flying if I get it taken out and flying with a hole in my tooth. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012