Had removed brodie's abscess from the tibia bone. Noticed bulging vein and bruise on knee. Worrisome

yesterday my sisters dog ran into my knee... I noticed 10 mins later a bulging vein toward the inside of my left knee ( I have had a Brodies Abcess removed from the tibia bone in that leg 8 years ago) then about half hour later the tender bulging vein turned into a bruise that has just gotten bigger and bigger today.. Is this just a simple bruising injury or should I have this injury checked due to my history with that leg?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013