Had red, pimple like rash on face, spreading, itchiness, burned skin. What is it?

I had a red, pimple like rash begin on right side of face almost two months ago. I have seen a doctor and a dermatologist, one said he didn't know, dermatologist said maybe, rosecea, lets watch it, that was two weeks ago, it is now spreading to left side of face. The bumps/pimples get sore, sometimes has a small amount of pus, but don't go away. I am a senior citizen, but have never had anything like this before. I had a bad virus in January and February but eventually got over it. Can you tell me what this may be and what I can do for it? First doctor gave me a topical solution that burned skin and made it extremely itchy. Did not help at all.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013