Had recurrent bleeding after C-section. Ultrasound showed thick uterine wall. Scared

Thanks I meet you here. I had C-section April 26th 2012. After that I had infection after 7/8 days. I had continous bleeding for almost 2 months. It was stopped but again I saw bleeding after 14 days of stopped. I have no bleeding now. I asked with my OB/GY doc she want me to do ultrasound . My ultrasound report says, the thickness of my uterine wall is 12mm. So my doctor want me to do D and C. I am really scared about it. Could you please tell me what should be the thickness after 4/5 months of delivary.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012