Had protected sex, have brown blood in underwear during period, cramps, red clots, stringy blood. Sign of pregnancy?

Background info: I am 30, fairly sexually active, and we use condoms each time. I last had protected sex two weeks ago. My periods have always been very very regular and predictable - especially for the past few years after I d turned 25/26, my periods have always begun with an extremely light flow with cramps on the first day, and heavy flow on the 2nd and 3rd day, and back to a light flow on the 4-5/6th day. I usually have loose stools on the 2nd day too. However, this month, around the time when I was expecting my period to arrive - I experienced dark brown blood in my underwear and subsequently my pad. It was quite light. That went on for about 2 days - and I started being stressed about it. It was then all-clear for about 1-2 days, and I began experiencing some mild menstrual cramps, and started seeing some red blood yesterday. I was relieved, thinking that my period had arrived. However, I still did not have a regular flow. Today, as I went to the toilet, I had bright red blood clots and some red stringy blood and some clots left in the toilet bowl. I am panicking as I am definitely not ready for it to be a sign of pregnancy. Will schedule a doctor s appointment soon. Am also thinking if it could be related to a lack of sleep and/or stress? Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012