Had protected sex. Tested negative for PCR test. When should I take my next test?

This is 27 Male. I did a protected sex (But not 100% sure) with a sex worker at 3rd June 2012 and took a PCR ( DNA ) test at 5th June 2012 (48 Hours) and got Result Negative at 7th June 2012. Here I want to take an advice … 1) Is it early to go for this Test? 2) Apart from this, should I go for other test? Regarding this test I concern with my Dr. and he told me that this test is 100% correct and I should not worry for this. But I heard on internet that we can go for this test after competing 72 hours (Min.). And we also should go for HIV test after 3 months than only we can know that we are infected of not. Please help me. My mail id is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012