Had protected oral, vaginal sex. How long should I hold from having sex until I see herpes symptoms?

Hi! I had protected oral and vaginal sex with a sex worker of unknown sexual health status 3 days ago. I'm feeling bad and don't want to sleep with my gf since I'm worried I might infect her if I've picked up and STI (HERPES). The intercorse was very short and I was loose all the time. (Due to guilt). I washed my parts with detol soap. How long should I hold my self from having any sexual session with my gf until I see any herpes 2 symptoms? I will go for test aftee 1 week but heard that test are useless (incorrect) until 3 months. Please advice on my situation and how can I examine my self regularly to see any herpes 2 symptoms. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013