Had prolapse surgery, coil fitted, had minimal brownish blood loss, no period now, discomfort in vagina. What to do?

i had prolapse surgery 3 weeks ago and have rested and felt fine. At the same time I had a coil fitted.....

I had minimal brownish blood loss for the first 2 weeks and now have blood like a period. This morning I feel really uncomfortable and have 1 of the coil strings prodruting from my vagina, which I haven't seen before. If feels like something has fallen and I'm not experiencing any pain but I'm in discomfort and I havent really had any symptoms at all.... can you help please?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013