Had problems with my hemoglobin levels. Received blood transfusions. Should I be worried about the findings?

Hi Samuel. I am due to travel from Scotland to Tunisia tomorrow, however, I have had problems with my hemoglobin levels . Approx. 3 weeks ago a routine blood test discovered my level was 57. I was admitted to hospital and received blood transfusions. The results have since decreased fro 80, 79 & 79. I have an appointment for investigations on 15th May as it is believed I am suffering internal bleeding. I would be greatful for your advice as to if I should travel tomorrow or not. Many thanks. Lorraine

Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013