Had problem breathing and felt heart was being squeezed after exercising. Heart attack?

after excercising my heart started feeling like it was being sqeezed and it would take my breath for a brief minute and I would cough , felt light headed after the sqeezing .....this lasted for about 50 mins after I stopped excercising then subsided to just feeling somewhat woozy and weak ....could this be signs of heart attack or heart issues ?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question.

A typical Heart pain (Typical Angina) has following characteristics

1- chest pain which is central radiating to left arm or both arm, neck or jaw and seems like heaviness, pressure or squeezing.
2- Chest pain which increases with exertion.
3- Chest pain which relieves at rest and/or with sublingual angised.

If you have all of these three findings, then you definitely have a chest pain typical for heart disease.
If you have 2 of these above mentioned findings positive, then you have chest pain suggestive of heart disease.
If you have One of the three findings, then you have chest pain which is atypical.

However, You should have your EKG and an Exercise stress test.

Hope that answers your question,

Cardiologist Dr. Vinod Kumar's  Response
your symptoms of chest pain after exercise may related to heart .
you have not mentioned about your age and risk factors like hypertension , diabetes and smoking , if have these you to evaluate for ischemic heart disease by undergoing ecg, and TMT. So consult a physician first and evaluate.