Had posterior shin splints and cured. Have swelling and pain on both. Recovery and its strain or splints?

Hi there! Need urgent help regarding my shin bones! I have previously had posterior shin splints in the middle of inside of both shins, but have cured up from that with no signs, changed from a heel strike to a forefoot strike and now i have swelling on one shin but pain 3/4 the way up on both, i can touch the shin and apply pressure with no pain but i dont know if its shin splints or not as my shin bone feels fine it just seems to be the muslce behind it slightly the swelling on the left leg is about 1cm and generates heat, to squeeze or rub it doesnt hurt but if i tap it, i get a sharp pain through all of my lower leg from knee to ankle! Please please help, i have fitness testing in 4 weeks, need to get this sorted!? :( im so worried! (As a note, i am 6ft 3"/ 12st/ 20years old/ been active for years/ dont have previous medical conditions vascularly through family and have correct shoes) this injury occured after time off from posetrior shin splints, could it be a strain from to much too soon or is it shin splints? Best way to recover while keeping speed and agility for this 2 days worth of fitness test which is highly strenous!
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013