Had positive hCG test, resulted pregnant, nausea, US shows no baby, UT negative, no bleeding. What could have happened?

My wife had a positive hCG test 5 weeks ago. They said she was 3 weeks pregnant. Since then her stomach has grown steadily and she has nausea and tender breasts. Today we went in for her first ultrasound and they cant find the baby. Also the urine test came back negative. She did not bleed in any way that would be a miscarriage.

Some background here. My wife has been diagnosed with either a bicornate or didelphic uterus. She is also type one diabetic. Also she still has her nexplanon or some kind of implant in her arm. the doctor told her they took it out but replaced it with something else.

The vaginal ultrasound indicated a septate urerus this time..... but the other doctor on the first check up said the baby was in the left side of the didelphic urturus.

We had to really push on the doctor to do a blood test to back up the negative on the urine test...

Any ideas whats going on.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013