Had pontine stroke, slurred speech, right-sided numbness. Prescribed Lipitor. Had TIAs. Life expectancy?

My 51 yr old brother had a l sided small pontine stroke on July 3rd of this year. He had slurred speech which cleared up in about 5-8 days. His has r sided numbness and weakness walks fine and has no impaired grip strength. He was sent home with no rehab and put on plavix, Lipitor and Asa. He has had 2 episodes of Tia s the following week and none for last 4 weeks. How will this effect his life expectancy?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012