Had pneumonia. Had IV for surgery. Punched in antibiotics. Why is it painful to bend wrist?

I had an IV last October for surgery. The final day they were pumping as much antibiotic as possible (had pneumonia too) before I left and I made them take the IV out as it was very painful. It has hurt since, now there s a lump, no pain there, but very painful to bend the wrist or pick things up, sometimes feels very sharp pain. Doctor gave me Pennsaid, which has done nothing. There is also some pain on my other wrist that started with the heavy antibiotics in October.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012