Had pins, screws and rod inserted after fracture of femur bone. Scan shows loosening of hardware. Further treatment?

My daughter is 17 yrs of age. At 10 yrs old she had a sprial fracture of the femur in which they inserted a rod , screws and pins..after a year the pins and srews were removed the rod was left in. She never had a problem until she turned 16 and the started having pain in her hip and leg . Our Doctor ordered a scan and scan showed lossening in hardware/moving. Where do we go from here?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012